Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Holidays

So we'll launch the new spot with a Christmas post. Enjoying my first complete day off in quite some time. It's nice to enjoy a slow morning pace, without watching the clock and trying to remember a) is this a school day? (this is usually easy because I'm up significantly earlier on those days), b) do I start at the Rockettes or the Nutcracker today? c) exactly how many performances am I working today? d) can I get in any Christmas shopping? e) is that god forsaken Fore River Bridge scheduled to go up at all this morning? and f) did I remember to feed the cat?

With only one performance yesterday, I was able to get off to the movies for the first time in a while. Caught THE HISTORY BOYS, which suffers when compared to the brilliant play, but on its own terms, is quite enjoyable. Last night, I watched LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE on DVD at my parents' house and laughed all over again. Such a wonderfully written movie (an Oscar for original screenplay seems inevitable) with terrific, understated performances. I'm hoping to catch DREAMGIRLS in my in-between shows openings this week.

So, welcome to the new blogspot. And Happy Holidays!