Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sent

So that letter you see below has been sent to the editorial department of the Patriot Ledger. I did make some minor revisions. A word here and there mostly. Although that part about having to go after master's degrees and licenses and how much that costs was put in after some colleagues suggested I put it there.

It's kind of long, but I hope the Ledger runs it in its entirety.

My target audience are all those people out there who have some notion that this job is a walk in the park because we get summers off, short work days, and stuff like that. In other words, the Richard Olsens of the world. If I can make just a few of them look at it differently than I'm happy.

But more than anything, I hope that my thing about paying for public education being an investment gets through to them. Any quality product is going to cost you some money. Why should a public school system be any different?

Thanks for listening.